The once glamorous Sunset Strip, a throwback to movie star and mafia gangsters like Mickey Cohen, will now become the Historic Billboard District and West Hollywood is destined to become the Billboard Capital of the World.
- Tourists and visitors flocking to West Hollywood won’t be seeing celebrities, but instead, they will be captivated by the awesome display of billboards celebrating the fact that WEHO is the creative city.
- These works of art, according to the West Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, will captivate the imagination of the onlookers who may turn the Sunset Strip into the Selfie Billboard Strip.
- Pitching the latest blockbusters, fashions, and booze, the billboards will be a testimony to the sophistication and culture of West Hollywood.
Celebrities and tourists take selfies with the Historic Sign District memorable billboards.
- President Donald Trump plans to visit and Councilwoman Lindsey Horvath will welcome him, along with the new Assistant Attorney General and new FBI head for the Los Angeles District.
The Floating Shrine at the Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood.
- Celebrities and tourists are already flocking to the “floating” Our Lady of West Hollywood, and the Bears Worship Jesus shrine at the Pacific Design Center, home to the Chinese Communist-owned Grindr hookup app which is headquartered in WEHO.
- The Billboard District will include traditional and more digital billboards. Mayor John Heilman will greet tourists and commuters along Sunset Blvd with many selfies taken.
- The Standard Hotel “Get High” weekends should be jolly fun as Attorney General Jeff Sessions is pictured with on the colorful new billboard.
- The House of Blues will be replaced by what famed Los Angeles Architect Frank Gehry calls 98% Shit Architecture.
- The so-called “Creative City” West Hollywood politicians approved tearing down the House of Blues as “pay for play” to satisfy developers who backed them.
- Tourists will also be given a map so they can locate the sites of former famous nightclubs and restaurants that have been demolished like the House of Blues to make way for what famed architect Frank Gehry calls shit architecture.
- The gigantic billboards which will cover up the second rate designed, or what Gehry calls “shit architecture,” hotels and office buildings.
- This unusual looking hotel will replace the House of Blues.
- A proposed billboard advertises Grindr which is headquartered in West Hollywood.
Many Millennials will see this billboard as the new Grindr Shrine and an inspiration for paying off student loans.
- Mayor Pro-Tem John Duran and the City of West Hollywood was sued for sexual harassment by a 25-year-old young man Duran hooked up with on Grindr for sex and a job interview.
- He was hired as Duran’s assistant with a six figure salary and later claimed the 58-year-old councilman was sexually harassing him.
- The City had to pay out $500,000 in a settlement proving that Grindr has more pluses than just hooking up.
- The West Hollywood Planning Department received the Frank Gehry Shit Award for using the billboard scheme to hide all the new ugly buildings on the Sunset Strip especially the “monstrosity” as Gehry called the building replacing the House of Blues.
- The Billboard District proposal, which must get final approval from the WEHO City Council. Three of the members are mainly backed by developers and sign companies with large political contributions from sign companies.
Tours will be available including Marijuana pit stops.
The Billboard District plan will improve existing billboards and potentially add another 18 billboards over the next 15 years.
The Cannabis Billboard – West Hollywood is to be the Cannabis (aka Marijuana) manufacturing center of California, and the new billboard will be located next to the Standard Hotel where special Cannabis conventions will be held.
- But at the Standard Hotel, there can be no pissing by security guards in the streets similar to what’s happening at Zen Central HQ.
Drivers will enjoy the 70 some billboards as they drive along the Sunset Strip.
West Hollywood’s nightly fun with drunks giving the finger to cops along the famous Billboard District Sunset Strip.
- Under the proposal, the number of billboards on the Strip could increase by 20% from the current 89 billboards to a total of 111 fabulous advertisements.
- Four of the current 89 billboards are digital, but the proposal could see another 16 digital billboards added for a total of 20 digital signs by the year 2032, if not sooner.